These are my goals for 2021. As I said before there are 5: personal growth, health, financial, work-related, and learning.
- Personal Growth – Go to bed earlier and wake up earlier. I have such an issue with this. I will go to bed at 1 am/2am after working all day and then wake up at 10 am to continue working. I also need to take some vacation. Even though I now live in Europe, the American mentality of working long hours remains with me. It is a struggle to actually change this mentality.
- Financial – Bring my student loan balance to below $25K.
- Work-related – Apply for more funding and have minimum 2 papers published.
- Learning – Learn to use R, a statistic coding program successfully. I wrote this last year but this year I had the opportunity to learn another program ArcGIS, so I am now trying to learn R.
- Health – Go to the physical therapist and be able to walk normally. Also, take better care of my body so I stop breaking bones.
As you can see all 5 goal types are included and they each have a plan to be reached.
Remember a goal needs a plan to be successful.