Last week I wrote about the 5 types of goals you should make every year. You can read more about it here. There are others out there, including , SMART. However, these goal types that I have wrote about have more variation and have clear themes.
These are my goals for 2020. As I said before there are 5: personal growth, health, financial, work-related, and learning.
These are mine.
- Personal Growth – Find a new apartment. The reason this is under personal growth is that my housemates cause me a lot of stress, so having my own place would minimize that.
- Financial – Build a 3-month emergency fund. I currently have 2.5 months but a 3-month would give me peace.
- Work-related – Try and get some more funding so I can attend other conferences. I got some funding already but having additional would be great. Also, write and send for publication 3 papers to academic journals.
- Learning – Learn to use R, a statistic coding program successfully.
- Health – Go to the gym at least once a week until I begin to cycle to work.
As you can see all 5 goal types are included and they each have a plan to be reached,
Remember a goal needs a plan to be successful.