1. Make a trip to the most iconic store in Sweden, IKEA. During the week, there is a free shuttle that leaves from Vasagatan, it normally is at Vasagatan 38, it is then a short 20-minute ride to the IKEA. It runs approximately every hour from 10 am to 7:15 pm.
2. Walk around the longest art museum in the world: The Stockholm Metro. This is assuming you already purchased a metro pass. However, even if you only buy one ticket you can still travel through the underground for 75 minutes. My favorite stops are Kungstragården, Stadion, and Rådhuset.
3. Visit a number of museums with free entrance: Naturhistoriska riksmuseet (Natural history museum), Medeltidsmuseet (Medieval museum), etc.
4. Walk the cobble stone streets of Gamla Stan, lots of great Instagram- worthy spots through there. Make sure you go to Riddarholmen as well.
5. Do not forget to bring your swimsuit if you are visiting during the summer. It tends to be warm during the summer and this is when many Swedes will flock to the water to take advantage of the warmth of the sun and the coolness of the water. My favorite is Långholmsbadet, which is where the old prison is located.
6. Visit Skogskyrkogården – The Woodland Cemetery. It is a UNESCO site and it a beautiful location where nature and life are celebrated.
7. Do not forget to check out Stadshuset aka the city hall. Which not only has stunning views of the city but the building itself is beautiful. At certain times of the year, you can climb the tower and get a birds-eye view of Kungsholment and Sodermalm.
8. Pay a visit to the Royal Coin Cabinet. See what I did there? Always love a good pun.
9. If you’re more into hiking or nature trails there are great ones in Stockholm and just outside. Djurgården is a great one in Stockholm and there are three major ones just outside Sörmlandsleden, Roslagsleden, and Upplandsleden.
10. Check out some of the great photography spots for a panoramic view of Stockholm. Riddarsholmen, Monteliusvägen, Stadshuset, Skeppsholmen, and several paths on Djurdgården give great views too.